Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Sarah will carefully review and discuss your medical history. If you are a good candidate for our services, Sarah will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
The cost will depend on which package is best for your needs. You can discuss this during your visit with your practitioner or during your free discovery call prior to an appointment.
Your initial visit at Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic must be in person. After the first visit, follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose. Some treatment plans may require an annual in person visit.
Patients who have purchased a package have unlimited email access with our Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic provider. However, if an email question or request is deemed to be too complicated for a response via email, the patient may be asked to schedule an appointment in-person or virtually.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic practitioner. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged the full amount of the office visit to the card on file.
If you have taken advantage of one of the package options and do not show up for an appointment, you can reschedule if you have remaining appointments. If you do not have remaining appointments, you will be offered to reschedule at a discounted rate.
Billing & Insurance
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician in a limited number of circumstances. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
- We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
- We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
- We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
The cost of any services provided by Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic which are not included in a package fee will be due at time of service.
Non-Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- Most lab tests ordered by a Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic provider will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic practitioner and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you have the option to continue care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic provider.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. We are happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Wichita Health and Hormone Clinic is right for you.